In our 12Th Annual Virtual Scientific Conference program, we discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and its resulting economic recession on mental health. True experts in the field of psychiatry will have a chance to learn, grow, network, and improve.
What to expect
- Impact of COVID-19 on mental health: a global perspective.
- The Mental Health Implications of Covid-19.
- COVID-19 and its impact on mental health service provision in Kenya.
- Impact of COVID-19 on the mental health of healthcare workers in Kenya.
- Medically Assisted Therapy: Ensuring continuity of services for people who use drugs amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who should attend?
Registration is free to all and not limited to:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Primary care physicians
- Students, Residents, and Fellow
- Other Mental Health Professionals
|9.00 -9.10 am||Welcoming remarks||Dr. Njuguna (Chair, Kenya Psychiatric Association)|
|9.10 – 9.30 am||Key note speech||Helen Herman (World Psychiatry Association)||Impact of COVID-19 on mental health: a global perspective|
|9.30-10.15 am||Session 1:|
Impact of COVID-19 on mental health
|Graham Thornicroft||The Mental Health Implications of Covid-19|
|Moderator: Prof. Lukoye Atwoli||Dr. Frank Njenga||COVID-19 and its impact on mental health service provision in Kenya|
|10.15 -10.35 am||Session 2:|
Presentation of abstracts
|Dr. Edith Kwobah||Impact of COVID-19 on the mental health of healthcare workers in Kenya|
|Moderator: Dr. Susan Hinga||Tina Maasai||Medically Assisted Therapy: Ensuring continuity of services for people who use drugs amidst the COVID-19 pandemic|
|10.35 -11.00 am||QA session/closing remarks||Moderator: Dr. Wairoto/ Panelists|